Since 1963, St. George’s Church has been the dedicated sponsor to the 38th Kitchener Scout Group. While some things in scouting have changed over the past 50 years, Scouting is still based on three broad principles which represent
its fundamental beliefs. These include:
- Duty to God: Defined as, The responsibility to adhere to spiritual principles, and thus to the religion that expresses them, and to accept the duties therefrom.
- Duty to Others: Defined as, The responsibility to one’s local, national and global community members to promote peace, understanding and cooperation, through participation in the development of society, respect for the dignity of one’s fellow-beings, and protection of the integrity of the natural world.
- Duty to Self: Defined as, The responsibility for the development of oneself to one’s full potential physically, intellectually, spiritually and socially.
We currently have 4 sections which offer programs for both boys and girls.
- Beavers – ( ages 5 – 7 ) Meet weekly on Tuesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:45 pm at John Darling School. Section Leader – Geoff Dinnes – email@example.com
- Cubs – ( ages 8 – 10 ) Meet weekly on Wednesdays from 6:45 pm to 8:15 pm at John Darling School. Section Leader – George Mudry – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scouts – ( ages 11 – 14 ) Meet weekly on Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at John Darling School. Section Leader – Brent Starr – email@example.com
- Venturer – (ages 14-17) Meet weekly on Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 8:30pm at St George’s Church. Section Leader – Kathy Starr – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration – Programs start in September but youth can register anytime at https://myscouts.ca/
Programs run from mid September through to April or June depending on the Section.
If you interested in becoming a leader for any of the above sections or if you have any questions pertaining to the 38th Kitchener Scout Group feel free to contact the Section Leaders or
John Gould, Commissioner 38th Kitchener Scout Group email : email@example.com
North Waterloo Area Scouts